Electric Cooker Stoves Mini 550e wont work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
(I have a Stoves Mini Electric cooker 550e)
On xmas day i was cooking dinner and i was using all the hobs and also the oven.During this time the cooker made a bang like a loud click.I went to the RCD box to push the switch back on and it tripped again,so i had to throw the food away.I have been on the internet since trying to find how i can find what the problem with the cooker is but to know avail.The reason i am asking is i dont have the funds to call out a engineer.Anyway a few days ago i put the switch back on at the RCD box and i went to turn the cooker on and to my amazement it came back on.I turned each hob on then turned off 1 by 1.The oven came back on and the clock.I turned the cooker off at the switch at the wall.As i was pushing the cooker back into its place the loud bang or loud click came back again as it did on xmas day.With no current the cooker tripped again after it clicked when pushing back into its space.The cooker would not come on and when i went to the RCD box the switch just keep tripping.The cooker switch on the wall does not turn off it is stuck.I have taken the back of after i disconnect the cooker and dont see any burn marks inside.The booklet i received when i purchased the cooker,has nothing about if the cooker breaks down.I have looked all over the internet for the diagram of the back of the cooker and cant find anything,not even on YouTube.What i dont understand is a few days after i put the switch up on the RCD box and the cooker hobs.oven,clock,fan were working and the electric turned off when pushing the cooker back into place that the cooker made the same loud bang or loud click that it did on xmas day.I have tried using a Multi meter but i dont have a clue what i am doing.I would be very grateful if anyone could help and sorry this is so long.

Kind Regards

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you may have more than one problem, which as you say is beyond your capabilities to identify. How old is the cooker & where did you purchase it from as they have a 5 year parts warranty from the manufacturer & different suppliers offer more than 1 year full warranty.
A local electrician should not be extorniately expensive to look at it for you. If you really are in financial difficulties then a charity ( age concern etc.) local to you may be able to help in getting it repaired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back