Electric cooker to Electric/Gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks

Our electric cookers main oven has just packed up so will be replacing with a new one.

A 32a with CCU is already in place on the current cooker.

We are toying with the idea of a Electric/Gas replacement and have a couple of questions.

1. If we replace like for like (electric for electric) would the connection on the back of the cooker require thats its done by someone with part P? Im competent to do the job myself, but wanted to know where I stand from a regs/insurance point of view.

2. If we decide on a dual fuel Cooker, I will need to get someone in who is Corgi reg'd to run the gas pipe, bayonet etc. But do Corgi engineers generally connect up the electrics as well in this situation??

3. I know its a stab in the dark kind of question, but before I seek one out, what sort ball park figure should I expect to pay for a gas engineer to run 5ft of pipe and necessary fittings presuming easy access?

TIA :)

Sponsored Links
1. I think you can do it yourself.

2. Corgi no longer exists. It is now Gas Safe. I personally would not trust a gas engineer to do electrics.

3. You are looking at parts and time. Parts are cheap, time these days is expensive. get quotes.

Any decent GasSafe plumber would be able to do that simple job for you. Both the gas and the electric connection.
Electrical work in kitchens are no longer notifiable. :(
As Winnie says, get a couple of quotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back