Electric Garage Door Help With Remote Access

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We moved into a property recently that has an automated roller type garage door.

Albeit looking a little on the old side, it does physically function just fine by pressing the corresponding buttons. But there don't appear to be any FOBS for it which is a shame.

That said - I can see on the control panel for it, it clearly has two antennae, so strongly assume a FOB could work with it.

My question is, Is there a simple way to code a fob to this? where do I start, How do I find what model it is? It seems pretty vague on the shell. Pictures below

IMG-8630.jpg IMG-8628.jpg

thanks so much,

P

Sponsored Links
From memory to program a fob you remove the grey cover and theres a button on the circuit you press then press the button on the fob.

The fobs are bloody expensive for what they are.

A quick Google and the control unit is a neco essati theres a few videos for programming remotes

Sponsored Links
There's a half chance I've an old remote in my garage I'll have a look later once my daughters in bed

Your in luck, I've got 2 of them in the spare bits drawer.

Send me a message with your address and I'll stick them in the post

IMG_20210512_214508.jpg

Hey Chris,

I just had a garage guy round for an unrelated problem and he said the control board isnt NECO. He said its an SWS RollerTech v2, Looking online the pairing sequence for them is totally different (involves moving dipswitches and etc)

So I guess if these haven't been sent out yet, maybe waste your time sending them? Assuming it's very unlikely they'll work with it. But im no techy.

Attachments

• 186466653_1657006767822808_1626902008776566079_n.jpg
    186466653_1657006767822808_1626902008776566079_n.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 134
I've already sent them, give programming them a go the odds are they will work there all fairly generic they just give out a rolling signal that the unit picks up, if they don't work we'll sort something out.

Chris

Just a thought with this sort of thing ...
If you don't have any remotes, who does ? As a matter of routine, I'd be wanting to make sure that no remotes that "someone" might have will work. In the same way, when we moved house, I changed the locks as I've no idea who might have keys to the old ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back