Electric gate issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please advise with an issue I have with my Ditec control panel operating my electric gates
The gates have been in for around 10yrs operated by house switch, key pad and photocells on the brick piers all hard wired to the control panel
Recently gates have been working erratically particularly the photocell operation on the brick piers
The 240V power supply is secure (gates open & close with a fob and no 24V wired connections)
I have removed all 24V control wiring and replaced cabling and photocells (using battery powered transmitter and hard wired receiver type) so now its new cables and photocells
The problem now is that the photocells, when interrupted, are closing the gates not opening them as they should, but its constant.
The wiring for the photocell is -ive, +ive, Com and NC which to the Ditec board is 0 =-ive , 1=+ive, 1=com, 8 =safety opening
When I swap "com" with "1" at the cell this wiring is still closing the gates when photocell is interrupted
Is this suggesting the fault in the board?
Thanks for any assistance with this issue.

Sponsored Links
Easiest way to prove is to short 1-8. When the gates are closing remove the short. Do they reopen?

1 6 N.C. OPENING SAFETY Connect the output contact of device to terminals 1-6 on the control panel (in series with the photocell output contact, if installed). ATTENTION: make a jumper among 41-6 contacts if not used. 1 7 N.C. CLOSING SAFETY Connect the output contact of device to terminals 1-7 on the control panel (in series with the photocell output contact, if installed). ATTENTION: make a jumper among 41-7 contacts if not used. 1 8 N.C. REVERSE SAFETY CONTACT Connect the output contact of device to terminals 1-8 on the control panel (in series with the photocell output contact, if installed). ATTENTION: make a jumper among 41-8 contacts if not used.

SO Reversal safety switch function. With the automation blocked, if the contact 1-8 is open, it is possible to activate the opening operation. With the automation blocked, if the contact 1-8 is open, any operation is impossible.

Sponsored Links
Thanks SpecialK
The panel I have is as attached
can you modify the previous reply to suit this panel?

Attachments

• Ditec control panel.jpg
    Ditec control panel.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 75

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back