Electric Gates Not Opening When Called

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric gate with a GMTronics RC01 single channel GSM switch. It's quite an old system connected to a CAME ZM3E control board.

In the last few days whenever I try to call the gate I get the mobile operators "this person's phone cannot be reached" message. I've tried the sim in a mobile and it accepts calls, I've also tried a couple of different operators sims in the gate (Vodafone, O2, Three) and none of them are getting through. The flashing light on the board is saying it's got a good signal and when I power down the system and power it back up I get an SMS from it to see it's back online. It's just the call to open function that's not working.

Coincidentally I got a message from Vodafone to say they are switching off the 3G network in my area but not the 2G one. Could this be the cause of the failure or has it just had it's day? Can anyone recommend a good replacement?

Sponsored Links
Most work on 2G does it have an external aerial ? So it damaged ? Have you contacted the manufacturer about it ?

Attachments

• IMG_2965.png
    IMG_2965.png
    419.2 KB · Views: 56
No external aerial. I've been in touch with the manufacturer who suggested some actions. I've completely reset it and continue to get SMS messages from it during reset. My next action is to test the power supply but that'll have to wait until the weekend.

Some GSM switches need to have the caller's phone number registered within it, this prevents random marketing calls opening your gates!
It clearly has your calling number in its memory, hence the SMS text to you when it's powered-up. Perhaps check that another box doesn't need a tick within its setup, or if your present number hasn't accidentally been entered into its 'block this number' memory. If it's sending out text messages when it boots-up then I doubt that its power supply is failing....they will take much more current than energising a relay.

Sponsored Links
Reads to me that the gate control system needs upgrading away from G3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back