Telguard Hy-can III (2G)+ CAME Gate control system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my Telguard Hy-can III 2G module working with CAME for long. Last week suddenly it stopped working. Looks like gate control/CAME is working as when I drive out it detects and opens the gate also I can enter pin on the telguard key pad to open the Gate.

What is not working is
- opening gate with call. normally when I call gate number after ringing once get tone to open the door where enter one special character to open the door. Now its ringing but not stopping.
I thought 2G switch off by MNO, but on phone I can still make 2G calls.

another issue is when I press keypad to dial call out number its not ringing my phone either..

Any help on this will be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
SIM card has no credit or been took off network. How do you pay for SIM card calls ?

Thanks for the response.

Some how its back working after 2 days off!.

I initially thought it was because mobile network provider might have decommissioned 2G network in my area. Now I am confused why it stopped and why its working now. When it was not working I took sim out and put in a handset and ensured its working. I check 2G calls to ensure calls are working while my Gate still didn't work

Anyway its working now, never know when next outage is...

It's common for the Network Operator to freeze or cancel a PAYG SIM if 'a chargeable call' hasn't been placed on it for 6 months or so. Perhaps it had been frozen because you only call in to it; when you placed the SIM into a handset and made a call to test it (a chargeable call?) the NO awakened it.
To test, wait a few months and see if it happens again!

Sponsored Links
BTW after recent storm and power outage condition of Telguard Hy-can III 2G module back to whats it was previously. Now calls to the number rings but not triggering option to enter codes. BTW I have recurring sim only contract with Giffgaff. which worked well for nearly an year recently have these issues after power outages. Still not clear how it worked last time after my notes to Telguard support. Though I didn't give specific details to Telguard support some how around the time they asked me details (like number in the Module) it worked. I didn't give any details to them!!

So in short strangely don't know how it started working last time and its going back to same stage now..

Have you checked unit for signs of water ingress ? Also check power supply at the gate unit it may be low

PCB units are OK, no water anywhere..But remember only change was power was down for 2 days. previously as well when power off for couple of minutes it failed come back to live...

Power supply at unit..? Its 230V not sure what power supply to check..? in PCB..? how could that change suddenly ..?

Is there any sort of link still between 2G module and telguard..? I got last issue sorted after I raising issue with telguard and given post code. But they still can't connect as I didn't give my gate module mobile number. From their inventory DB using Postcode they may be able to locate module serial number.. How could they fix it..?

Ok. surprisingly after couple of reboots (power off/on) its back to its good behaviour! Not sure how it worked. I think its clear issue starts when power is off. after restart it stopped working, this time too it started working later....No idea why/how.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back