Electric heating options?!??!??

http://www.airconwarehouse.com/about.htm

From the home made website it would seem that they are Box shifters with no real technical knowlege for when things go pearshaped....I love the phrase "This list is just a small selection of the air conditioners & chillers we are familiar with:- "

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought and suspected.
Though I think my oil boiler runs above 45 decibels. I never hear it going.

Generally speaking Oil boilers don't get fitted in living rooms or bedrooms unless your installer really hates you.. Or you are deaf and have no sense of smell..

I'm way better qualified than a plumber.
Just less knowledgeable.

For the record then, iam B.S.Engineer/NVQ3 Mechanical Services, NVQ3 Electrotechnical Services.

Gas Safe Registered
OFTEC Registered
HETAS
Part P
WRAS/HPHC Approved

Send us your contact number Norcon, i want to have a phone conversation with you bud :D or i will PM my number and you give me a bell.

That lot would be useless to you on the likes of a large supermarket refrigeration installation.
When presented with about 2 ton of copper tube you'd be stood scratching your head. :LOL:

He'd not get on many Building Sites in Scotland without having an indentured apprenticeship under his belt either mate.

Thought this thread was asking an intelligent question about heating a room - not offering a venue for purile bitching

Sponsored Links
Thought this thread was asking an intelligent question about heating a room - not offering a venue for purile ****

My thoughts also mate, until I read it, noticed two forum members ganging up on another member & it all going unchecked by any forum moderators!!
Do we take it that it's open season for these trolls?

Hi DrizzleSizzle

Just remember when you're reading all those webpages - All electric heating is 100% efficient. Where else could the energy go?

The important bit is what price are you paying for that energy. If you can cope with economy 7 (or the modern equivalent) then your heating costs will be much lower.

I'm afraid I don't know if you still need a separate circuit from the meter in order to get cheap rate or if the new meters are just timed.

Laurie

Help please!!!!

I'm looking for an energy efficient way to heat our insulated conservatory, it has an internal roof insulation and only two glazed sides. I've calculated it needs 6000 btu's for the whole room and the current radiator covers this, although as I want to use this room when the central heating is off I need another option.

Electric heating seems to be the best option as the location of the boiler etc would be a nightmare to go for dual heating supply.

I'm looking for something thermostat controlled and wall mountable but when I start to surf looking for it my mind boggles with all the options!!

Any help please???

Thanks

I'm looking for an energy efficient way to heat our insulated conservatory

I'm looking for something thermostat controlled and wall mountable

Oil filled panel radiators are fairly cheap to run (the electricity is used to heat the oil, which then sort-of stays hot). You can get modern wall mounted ones with thermostats, and some also have an additional fan heater built in for extra "boost" if needed. Beware fan heaters use a lot more electricity tho.

Since you are only looking for occasional use (when central heating is off) I presume you mean to cover for summer chilly evenings. In which case I would still suggest a fan heater. Instant heat where you need it for the duration of your need. Say 2 hours on full blast of a 2kW fan heater at £0.14 per unit equates to £0.56.

I think I'd go for a split unit heat pump, the cheap ones can still give you a COP of 2.5 even in the coldest weather. I had an energy meter on mine when it was -8degC a few years ago & it dropped to a COP of 2. However, the down side is the de-frost mode, then it pulls heat out the building. For these rare occasions I have a small electric fan heater, which I fire up for a few minutes.
I hope that is of some help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back