Electric Hob ignitor affecting Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone may have come across this problem before.

I recently installed two new electric circuits (spurs) for our new Gas Hob and Cooker Hood. The only way there is an electrical connection between them is that both spurs go into the same ring main but using separate junction boxes. This should be fine.

When I press the ignitor on the Hob to light the gas, the control panel on the Cooker Hood starts flashing, weird! This happens whether the Hood is switched on or off. Any ideas what may be causing the problem?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi, hoping someone may have come across this problem before.

I recently installed two new electric circuits (spurs) for our new Gas Hob and Cooker Hood. The only way there is an electrical connection between them is that both spurs go into the same ring main but using separate junction boxes. This should be fine.

When I press the ignitor on the Hob to light the gas, the control panel on the Cooker Hood starts flashing, weird! This happens whether the Hood is switched on or off. Any ideas what may be causing the problem?

Thanks.

Igniter = spark = big pulse of RF radiation/noise propagating through the air and likely also back into the power lines and then into the electronics in the hood control. Probably need a suppressor on the mains input to the hob (to reduce the RF getting out) and possibly on the input to the hood (to stop any that does get out, getting in.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back