Electric Lawnwmower Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to decide on a new electric lawnmower. The shortlist seems to be either the Bosch Rotak 43 or the Hayter Spirit 41.

The Bosch seems to be more readily available on the highstreet and is therefore more popular. But is it better than the Hayter? The Hayter is twice as heavy (at 25kg) which may produce better stripes and the Bosch seems to get bad reviews about removing/fitting the grass box.

Can anyone offer any electric lawnmower recommendations please?

Sponsored Links
An electric mower is nowhere near heavy enough to give strips lasting longer than a day or two so don;t worry about that so much. I have used a couple of the roatks including a battery one and found them good, can;t give an opinion on the hayter electric but their petrol mower have been farmed out to be made in china and have gone to the dogs and i don;t know for sure but i think the bosch electrics are made in the UK

Thanks for the response, is there any downside to purchasing the largest Rotak, i.e. the Rotak 43? Any reason why I should consider a smaller model (i.e. Rotak 40 or 37)?

Sponsored Links
Ok, thanks. In which case I shall opt for the 43 version :).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back