Electric only heeating/hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping for a little advice on what to do with the heating/hot water in my property.

I was going to go with an electric heating company fusion e10 boiler but it's proving difficult to find a anyone who is willing to install this.

Now I'm guessing I'm going to have to go with a immersion heater for hot water and electric radiators/storage heaters for heating.

I have already looked into heating tarrifs and it is possible to be connected to SSE's economy 10 tariff which works out at 8.67p/kwh between 1pm - 4pm, 8pm-10pm and 12am - 5am and 16.48p/kwh at all other times.

I'm not keen on economy 7 as I like having the option to have 5 hours of off peak electricity throughout the day.

My property is a two storey three bed maisonette, measurements and BTU requirements are;

Downstairs:

Entrance Porch Area - 2.56m2 - 280 BTU
Passage - Passage - 9.3m2 - 840 BTU
Bedroom 1 - 10.9m2 - 2449 BTU
Bathroom - 7.66m2 - 2406 BTU

Upstairs:

Bedroom 2 - 11.18m2 - 2608 BTU
Bedroom 3 - 5.67m2 - 1323 BTU
Open Plan Lounge/Kitchen - 27.8m2 - 8092

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back