Electric Oven wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I'm new here so please go easy on me . . . :)

I've jsut ploughed through the thread started by Andre'e on December 19th re wiring in his new oven + hob . .

my question is similar, though hopefully simpler too . .

My kitchen currently has an all in one gas cooker fitted, though also has an oven switch on the wall connected to 32A circuit breaker in the CU. Vertically below the switch is a metal plate, which covers the end of an empty metal conduit tube buried in the wall. I guess the kitchen has always had a gas only cooker . .

My as yet unpurchased range cooker will have an electric oven, and the cooker will stand less than 2 metres (though only just) from the switch.

My questions . .

As a DIYer am i allowed to install my new cooker?

Am i allowed to run an extension from the end of the conduit (which is proba about 450mm above the floor) horizontally around the wall in trunking? Or does it have to be chased into the wall?

I guess its the horizontal able routing that I suspect is a no-no. How long can the flex from back of oven be?

thanks for any help!

Huey

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back