electric panel heater

There isn't. And manufacturers instructions don't have to be followed, especially if they are wrong.
OK I see, so if you were asked to fit it professionally for someone, you wouldn't wire it to an FCU, you would fit a plug on it and plug it in. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone for your help. First time on this site. And very impressed with the help. If there was any danger I would hardwire it .but have been reassured it is safe .thanks guy's.

Yes it is safe as a dildo, from time to time anything can go wrong, even my hair has started to fall out and I still haven't come across a malfunctioning dildo for repair by anyone.

OK I see, so if you were asked to fit it professionally for someone, you wouldn't wire it to an FCU, you would fit a plug on it and plug it in. ;)
Surely most people, in that scenario, would look to see where the nearest socket was, find out what the customer's preferences were for socket vs FCU, trailing flex vs concealed wiring etc, and either put a plug on it, or not, and either use an existing socket, or not, and if not either install another socket or an FCU. All as appropriate to the customer's preferences.

Sponsored Links
If the appliance has an Earth wire you can use a plug. If it doesn't have an Earth wire it is dangerous to use a plug. If you use a plug without an Earth wire and something goes wrong you will invalidate your product guarantee AND your home insurance.

If the appliance has an Earth wire you can use a plug. If it doesn't have an Earth wire it is dangerous to use a plug. If you use a plug without an Earth wire and something goes wrong you will invalidate your product guarantee AND your home insurance.
Your input may have been of some use 4.5 years ago :)

However, even given the delay, I don't really understand your point. If the appliance "doesn't have an earth wire", then it doesn't have an earth wire (i.e. doesn't have a means of earthing it), and it would be no less safe if connected with a plug than if connected (again, without an earth connection) by hard-wiring.

Kind Regards, John

Four and a half year old thread, but -

If the appliance has an Earth wire you can use a plug.
Ok.

If it doesn't have an Earth wire it is dangerous to use a plug.
Nonsense, but would you care to explain why you think that?

Do you not have any tools, lamps etc.?

If you use a plug without an Earth wire and something goes wrong you will invalidate your product guarantee AND your home insurance.
Nonsense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back