Can I buy a cheap electric heater to replace the element on a dearer one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2kw flat wall panel heater with a broken element, I can't get a replacement and it seems a waste to throw it away.

I have seen different design heaters that are cheap, but are the same wattage, don't look good though aesthetically.

I was wondering if it might be possible and safe to buy one of those and fit it to my heater ?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure its knackered, often its a fuseable thermal heat link that goes, sometimes it can be replaced, you can buy them on the internet

Are you sure its knackered, often its a fuseable thermal heat link that goes, sometimes it can be replaced, you can buy them on the internet
Thanks, there are two little round things that look like sensors above the elements, is that those ?

I am getting no resistance reading from those so I guess they are ok , I can't get any reading across the elements though

The make is glow master, Chinese :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks, there are two little round things that look like sensors above the elements, is that those ?

I am getting no resistance reading from those so I guess they are ok , I can't get any reading across the elements though

The make is glow master, Chinese :(

When you say no resistance reading, do you mean zero Ohms, or open circuit?

On a tumble dryer (and on some water heaters), there are two thermostats in series, one with a slightly higher switching point than the other. Maybe your heater is similar.

A bit like these http://www.appliancespareswarehouse...oOxpJRM1Zk6gpuz0NzLizOMoC6vOj9WTAyhoCYLLw_wcB

Thanks for your help, yes they look like that, I'm getting zero ohms from them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back