electric panel heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

question about electrical convector panel heaters.

looking to replace the oil guzzling oil boiler for an electric option.

wet systems is tired and in need of investment and seems the right time to consider alternatives. the running costs of each system are expensive but gas is not an option and don't wish to be a slave to coal.

looking into various electrical panel heating radiators that wall mount but I have questions if the audience has experience of.

firstly, which electrcial panel options are best.

fan assisted electrical convector options that have timesr and thermostats or what I think are the same as oil filled heating panels that work in the same way some of portable radiators that plug into your wall socket?

either way, I'm looking to have a second board wired up that distributes cables to each radiator pair with suitable trips.

my concern is as follows though. I'm looking to install 7 3kW heaters, m,aking a total of 21kw of heating power required of the board.

my physics roughly tells me thats a max draw of near 91 A

My mains isolation trip is rated at 60A aqnd when I factor in what I need for other domestics from the original board, just what is the rating of the line into my house?

do I need another phase line in?
which sounds expensive!!!

just asking the question to consider my options

helpful advice is most welcome

Sponsored Links
Probably best to consult the local DNO ( electricity board ) to ask for there advice in regard to the extra load of the electric heating. A new consumer unit should be fitted to feed the heating and each panel heater wired to its own circuit.
Do they all need to be 3KW ? I used to have Credal panel heaters in the bedrooms that where only 0.75KW and very effective.

looking to replace the oil guzzling oil boiler for an electric option.
chart

http://www.confusedaboutenergy.co.uk/index.php/domestic-fuels/fuel-prices

[EDIT] Source of the above chart added [/EDIT]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back