Electric Shocks from Dishwasher???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help? I've just installed a new dishwasher which is giving out electric shocks when touching the metal parts inside and also the kick plate. I took away the separator between dishwasher and washing machine,(as not enough space) is this got something to do with the shocks?

Sponsored Links
check the plug socket for a earth .poss have no earth in the socket.

Sounds like an electrical fault to me .. If the machine has a moulded plug then I would suggest it is the power outlet ..Get a qualified sparky to check out the sockets .Also does you house have an RCD in the fuse board?. If it does then you have a prob with earth as rcd will trip if earthing is correct and there is a fault. Sounds like a live earth to fault, however.. without looking at the prob .. I would strongly suggest getting a sparks in pronto .. and do not use the machine untill it is cleared as safe.
People have been seriously injured by faulty washing appliances.
Safety first
Hope this helps
Phill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back