Electric shower - fill side inlet hole?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new electric shower fitted yesterday which replaced a really old one. As a result it was a different profile so the cold water inlet pipe was not completely covered by the shower housing. Instead, a little bit of the pipe elbow is sticking out from the side of the shower housing. I know it is not recommended to seal around a shower but what about the inlet hole on the side of the shower that had to be cut out? Could water not splash through this hole and into the electrics?

I’m not at home to send a photo but it’s simply a shower with an inlet hole cut out to the bottom left where a bit of the inlet pipe elbow is sticking out through this hole.

Sponsored Links
Difficult to evaluate without a picture,but if the pipe enters very low at the bottom of the shower ,it's unlikely to cause any issue.
Is the water supply pipe visible on the wall surface ,or does it enter the shower from behind the wall.
Show us some pics !

It enters from the elbow…but only a slight side of the elbow is visible as it goes into the side.

the left side of the shower where the electrical and plumbing connections happen doesnt have a small cover before the main shower cover. So the side inlet in theory can expose water to the connections…though the water would need to travel up. Could I not just wrap some silicon around the elbow as it enters the side so there is no gap?

Sponsored Links
Yes ,silicone can be applied around the hole that pipe goes through. What you do not do is apply it around the whole shower periphery

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back