Electric Shower Not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone help?
My electric Triton Ivory shower has stopped working. When I switch it on the water just flows through cold, it doesnt heat at all. The power light does not come on and the water pressure indicator shows 'red' (indicating that it thinks that the water pressure is too low?). The water pressure seems fine to me. The pressure indicator had been showing mid-way between red and green for a while previously.

I was away from home for a couple of weeks, after I came home it worked once and then wouldnt work the next day. I wonder whether whatever it is which measures the water pressure has got stuck or gummed up with scale through not being used for a couple of weeks.

There is what looks like a little plunger which I think should move the pressure indicator lever and some other stuff; I tried to move it but it wont budge. I tried running the shower for a while to see if that would free it up but so far no improvement. I also put a little drop of oil around the plunger. I have reviewed other shower posts but not found anything similar. The fuse has not blown.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
The power neon should work soon as pullcord is turned on, that could just be a faulty neon.
This will have nothing to do with your pressure indicator.

The pressure indicator is not moving fully due to a faulty stabiliser valve not pushing the plunger up enough.

This can be due to a faulty diaphragm in the valve.
the complete valve is obsolete now but the diaphragms are available if you want to strip it down.

Alot of parts on the early ivory are now obsolete.

Sponsored Links
Go to showerdoc.com

You can send them a picture and they will identify which version you have. They are usually very helpful and will suggest a suitable replacement if parts are no longer available

Your shower is a ivory.
It's the only version with a manual pressure indicator.

The t80z range is one of the closest replacements.
or the ivory 4

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back