Electric shower - options for increasing pressure?

FROM A TANK!!!!!!!

Why would he go to the trouble of installing a tank into the loft, running a cold feed to it. running another cold feed from the tank to the shower all to give you less pressure than the mains pipe he has there already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he was going to do this why not just put in a bar mixer of the combi???

Jesus I hope you dont fit many of these set ups!!!

Sponsored Links
[quote="Johnwayne2"

a electric shower cant be pumps

Take it you meant that an electric shower can`t be pumped, they can, and are.[/quote]

I should have added TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE

Sponsored Links
It doesn`t need a hot supply then does it? and you can pump an electric shower can`t you? and I never advised fitting any sort of tank did I ? I said that if the flow rate/pressure at the shower was due to poor plumbing there was a solution installing a pump just before his shower,some showers need 1bar of pressure for them to function,some need as little as 0.5bar,if you have 3bar coming into your property and only 0.5bar at the shower then there is a problem with the pipework isn`t there? Mr Plumber of 2010 :LOL: Bye.

Johnwayne2, welcome to the forum, if someone disagrees with you, do you always result to condescending speech just to provoke a response?

Johnwayne2, welcome to the forum, if someone disagrees with you, do you always result to condescending speech just to provoke a response?

This isn`t a personality contest. Go away, I`m not interested. Condescension is a virtue that you regulars enjoy so much,what`s up? don`t like getting a taste of your own medicine? Grow up,it`s a forum and I have only given advice only to be swooped upon by yet another `defender of morality` you people don`t own the site because you spend all of your spare hours on her :rolleyes: e mate.

How does your crap shower ideas help the OP

The pumped single feed electric showers are for low pressure areas where a standard mains fed shower wont work.

With your idea the OP will mess about fitting tanks new showers etc and end up with the same result. You cant make 10kws give any more heat whether you pump it or use the mains

Come on this is basic stuff.

Again you cant pump an electric shower to improve performance. The one with a pump will give the same performance as a standard electric shower fed from a good mains supply LIKE THE OP HAS

Best one in ages that!I'll fit a pumped set up to give you less pressure than the mains you have all ready installed. Do you sell many showers that way?

Ha, ha, thought you were done? My advice was to check his mains pressure at outlet to his shower,then pump if it was low.Leave it mate,I`m starting to seriously cringe for you. :oops:

OP Google this - Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer Tap - may solve your problem. Just change the bath taps for these. Loose the electric shower.

PS I am fully qualified to comment on this I have fitted 1 electric shower at least....

Tell me the symptoms of an overheated shower then.I`ll tell you you`re wrong, depending on make and model of shower.

Overheated electric shower can either cycle on the first stage of the tco or can activate the second stage and fail altogether on the tco.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back