Gradual decrease on shower pressure and temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any idea why my shower which starts up great and slowly loses pressure and temp, switching the shower on and off solves the problem then follows the same pattern. Stays on long enough to get a quick shower. Tried it with shower head on or off, boiler on or off, makes no difference.

The digital mixer has been changed this hasn't cured the problem Mira and the installer are hinting there is something wrong with the mains pressure, or a problem 'in the house' but only this new shower is malfunctioning. The water board say my mains is set at 1.5 bar and my boiler is 1.5 bar on cold.

It runs off a Worcester Bosch high pressure 30i boiler, all the taps work fine central heating and water great, the hand held shower attached to bath taps has good constant pressure.

Oddly..... in my desperation to try something new I changed the shower heads around from bath to shower and both worked great the shower did not lose pressure with the inexpensive bath shower head and mira shower head loved the bath!! But if I remove the shower head from the shower it still loses pressure :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back