declining shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My shower and bath both run off the same pumped supply from the HW cylinder using a 3 bar pump. When in the shower, after a while the hot water pressure drops and the flow starts to trickle out of the shower head. However, I've noticed that if I turn the shower off, then turn the hot water tap on the bath on, the water comes out of the bath tap slowly at first but after a few seconds it builds up to full pressure. If I then turn the bath tap off and the shower back on, full pressure seems to have been restored! This will be ok for a while then i'll have to do it again.

Any idea how to solve this and what causes it?

Sponsored Links
What make of shower is it?
is the cold water to the shower mains?

Its a hansgrohe I think.

What do you mean cold water to shower mains? The cold feed to the pump comes straight from the cold water tank/mains feed.

How does the cold behave, is it off the same pump, and is the bath hot tap alsp pumped or just on gravity?

Sponsored Links
The cold is also run off the pump and is spot on - always has decent pressure. The bath hot and cold taps are also run from this pump - there must be a tee somewhere to spilt the flow I assume.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back