why my shower cold water pressure is so weak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower that comes straight out from the top of the taps on the bath.
The hot and cold both come out fine of the bath taps.
When I switch it to the shower hose the hot water comes out full pressure, but when i turn the cold on, the water pressure drops considerably.and can not feel the tempreture drops, seems the cold water can not be pumped to the shower head.

If the cold is on on its own, its just a trickle.

I'm unsure what could be causing it! As the water pressure is fine out of the bath tap and all other taps in the house, but it's switching it to the shower hose that causes the problems. and the shower mixer is newly purchased, shouldn't have any blockages or been clogged.

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated . thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a blockage at the valve within the tap. Can you dismantle the head to gain access to the mixer mechanism?

Sounds like a blockage at the valve within the tap. Can you dismantle the head to gain access to the mixer mechanism?

but it's a brand new shower mixer which I have there, shouldn't have any blockages. i am just a housewife got no idea how to gain access to the mixer mechanism. it looks like can not dismantle anything. help!

It may well be a new shower mixer, which shouldn't have any blockages. Nevertheless, a blockage it has, which your installer should have picked up on and dealt with.

Sponsored Links
I searched on the google, someone mentioned airlock in the taps, does it apply to my problem ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back