Mixer Tap Shower Water Pressure Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a shower which is a plain old style mixer tap shower to bath (so not electrical unit or anything).

My mixer tap is broken so no longer allows me to fill the bath via the taps, but works through the shower head. The pressure is pathetic though, all the other taps in the house including bathroom sink the pressure is brilliant.

The pressure has always been pathetic but its annoying me now, so I have replaced the shower head and this hasn't solved it. Additionally I have attempted to fill the bath using the flexi metal pipe of the shower and the pressure is still pants, so leads me to think that this isn't the shower head at all, but a different kind of problem.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Sponsored Links
Your energy needs to be directed towards the repair or replacement of the bath filler, methinks......on some makes, spares are available.
The mechanism from bath to shower is purely mechanical, and its most unlikely to be completely beyond repair.
Give us a photo of the taps please?
John :)

Time to splash out ;) on a new mixer I suspect, as Burnerman suggests a pic will help and look under the bath to see if any taps are partly turned off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back