Electric Shower - Takes ages for hot water to come through..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently moved into a new rented house and are having problems with the shower.... any help greatly appreciated...

The owners left us instructions that as it was an electric shower you needed to start it on cold and then turn up the temperature. However, when you do this no water comes out at all, not even cold water! If you mess about with it for about 10 minutes then eventually hot water comes through. The pressure is less but you expect this as not a power shower.

Surely it shouldn't take this long for hot water to come through... I thought that was the point of electric showers. I have switched on every switch I can find in house and no joy, plus hot water does eventually come through.

Sometimes when the hot water does come through the water pressure also pulses.

Any ideas anyone of what the problem might be? We have sent email to landlord but they said they never had a problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back