Electric Tankless / Instant Hot Water Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have any experience, tips around those electric tankless instant hot water heaters?

New kitchen going in a long way from the HWC. There is only the kitchen sink hot tap. Will be used to fill the sink 2, maybe 3 times a day. Seems like a waste to run a hot pipe all that way and those small under bench HWC's seems like a bad idea.

I've never seem a single sink instant heater in the wild, but have read mixed stories.

thanks in advance,
Dave

Sponsored Links
fitted a few various makes ,cant understand why more aren't use on long runs they make sense to me cheap to by and replace would use a timer on one with a store to save it heating through the night

Any instant heater thats going to give a decent flow of hot water will be several kilowatts and, just like an electric shower, is going to need a dedicated beefy cable.

Sponsored Links
going to have sparking running new cable to oven and hob, so another bigun for a water heater wont be a big deal.

I've seem some great looking units, really small. Preset heat output etc.
My concern is the inlet water temp here can be pretty cold through winter. Not sure it they can lift the temp high enough to be of real use.

So of the review I've seen report great results in warm climates, not so great in colder parts.

dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back