Electric towel radiator filling up question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, the instructions I have do not state the liquid capacity and I want check if I need this or simply fill it until full. Any advice appreciated.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming yours like most, also has the option to be plumbed into a wet central heating system, in which case it would be completely filled with water and any air bled from the valve at the top. Therefore, I've always filled them to the top, but don't forget to add corrosion inhibitor to the water. Otherwise the internal metal can corrode and give off 'gas' which can cause a build up of pressure and create leaks. I opened one up last week that hadn't had inhibitor added and when the pressure escaped I was covered in black sludge along as was much of the room.

Thank you, yes it has dual options but it's simply electric for us, yes it came with an inhibitor. But you got me thinking about inhibitor as I put new radiators on a few months ago and I'm about to replace another this week, could I add the inhibitor to this new one for the whole system, its only 7 radiators in total.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Allowance should be made for thermal expansion.
Half a cup of vegetable oil will suffice.
Water cannot be compressed but oil can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back