Electric towel-radiators

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

Previously posted in Electrical with little response. Hope for more opinions here.

Grateful for any comments for alternatives, but in the meantime like the look of these.

http://www.bathempire.com/thermosta...ic-towel-radiator--1600-x-450mm_p22359987.htm

I like the appearance, the warranty ( as there seem to be lots of posts about early immersion failure with cheap models) and the fact that it is only 63 mm deep. One thing that I am not certain about is that the customer has to fill the rad with " water/anti-freeze solution to 95% of capacity " ( called the company for this info ).

Is this unusual and is it an indication that this is a lower-quality product ? The company uses the same bodies for rads linked to c.h and the electric ones.

My only basis for this question is seeing Dimplex (?) ads long ago where they highlighted "oil-filled". This could however have been that old marketing trick about making a virtue out of a necessity.

Once again I would be very happen to benefit from your huge experience and look at any alternatives. I am sourcing in the U.K.

Sponsored Links
These are standard "wet" system radiators with connections plugged and a small probe heating elementin the bottom, sometimes they are connected to a heating system using hot water form the boiler in winter and switching to electric heater in the summer, the reason that water/anti-freeze is specified is that the units are not designed to operate with mineral oil, 95% is to allow a 5% expansion factor - filling the unit with water/glycol mix to 100% would result in catostrophic failure when heating up due to expanding water having nowhere to go! ;)

Thanks for replying Boilerman. Any comments on the rads I am looking at ?

Are the comments I have seen about early failures in cheaper models well-founded in your opinion ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back