Electric towel rail element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm looking to install this towel rail in my caravan. It's manufactured by Alde for a caravan with a wet heating system and the pipe is 22mm, I'm hoping to fit an electric element in the bottom as I don't have a wet heating system. My query is can anyone advise on whether with it being a dead end pipe that the top will get hot and if this will work any advice on the correct size element to achieve it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• alde-handduksvarmare-1900864-800px (1).jpeg
    alde-handduksvarmare-1900864-800px (1).jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 237
Sponsored Links
I presume you mean you are going to fill it with water & seal it up & just use the element to heat the water & therefore the rail. That is exactly what they are advertised as being able to do even with the water not circulating. heated towel rail element see a few of the ads here. You will need thermostatic control & suitable fittings. Perhaps you will need a small air gap to allow for expansion & a means of topping it up ( not sure about the physics of that part might be better to ask in plumbing section)

Hi, thanks and yes that's right but my concern was with it effectively just bring a straight pipe, if it will work then that's great and my other query is the size of element needed to ensure there is enough heat so the top horizontal bar gets hot.

Sponsored Links
https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/rica-atlantis-chrome-towel-2848-32449 this gives you the temps. that the water can be heated to & you would vary it by use of the thermostat. You need to compare the length of the element to the length of the pipe you are going to instal it in.
Having said that your questions tend to make me wonder if you are competent to do this sort of thing in a safe manner & would suggest you buy a ready made rail that can be plugged into a socket in the caravan. This may still require observance to electrical regulations covering the installation of such a device in a caravan bathroom. It looks like it will be more than a DIY job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back