electric towel rails....horizontal or not...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we have a small shower room that we're renovating.

A horizontal electric towel rail will work a lot better than a vertical one in the space.

But the question is do I need to send like 3 times more to get one of those fancy, designer horizontal towel rails or can I get a standard vertical one for circa £100 and just install it horizontally?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yeah, I think it would look pretty odd (though can't see why it wouldn't work ok). If you do use a straight, not curved one and look for one that doesn't have any big gaps in the rails if you can find one (probably hard)

I would pay the extra to get a rail designed to mount that way. Or, since you are losing the benefit of the rails across the rad to hang towels on fit a standard rad and mount a towel rail above to hang the towels on.

yes agree, i'd get one that looks more "normal" horizontally.

Just wanted to make sure that theres no problem with the heating element or any other part being installed sideways.

Wouldn't advise it, befor you speak to manufacturer, reckon you will invalidate warranty.
I have just fitted 2.
It is not filled completely with liquid, so if you have it other than how its designed the liquid may not cover the element.
ASK MANUFACTURER
http://www.kudox.com/

PS Go for one with a thermostat, will pay for itself.

I can't imagine that there is so little liquid in them as to not cover the element when it's on it's side - assuming the element at the bottom. I presume they leave a bit of space for the liquid to expand.

But yes, it'd almost certainly invalidate the warranty, but some times you have to take a gamble :)

When I bought the towel rail for the ensuite I wanted horizontal one, spent long time looking, couldn't find one, hence fitting the Kudux as the main bathroom, also the cable exit is not changeable.

Yeah, I can see that finding one might be hard as the design of them is normally with uprights at the end which doesn't give much space for an element.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back