Radiator with towel rail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one suggest a radiator with an integrated towel rail? Needs to be about 500mm wide and 4000ish btu output -so expecting it to be a vertical panel type. I don't want the standard ladder style towel rail - it just gets insulated with towels! The DQ RT does take an optional towel rail, but only the narrow (435mm) models.

Alternatively, I've seen a few magnetic towel rails advertised on some radiator sites. Does anyone have any experience of these, good or bad?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just use a standard rad, to warm your towels on?
Towel rads or very rarely designed to heat the bathroom.

Who said anything about a bathroom or wanting a towel rad? This is for a kitchen which currently has an woefully inadequate towel 'ladder' to heat the room. I'm not looking for a towel rad - I want a standard rad with a towel rail as part of the design.

Sponsored Links
I've seen a few magnetic towel rails advertised on some radiator sites. Does anyone have any experience of these, good or bad?
Yes. The magnets are fookin strong. You could probably use the one i recently fitted to do pull ups with!

That's probably your best option. Get a Column rad of your choice and get a magnetic towel rail

What are your heat loss values for the kitchen? Sorry assumed bathroom!
The room is about 3mx6m on N-S axis. North wall external, south internal. Large (2m x 1m) west facing window. Poor insulation. One online calculator said about 4000btu for the radiator, but happy to hear other views.

If I can assume you have PVC DG at 2sqm, a wooden uninsulated floor and heated room above. I would expect the heat loss to be more like 5000 BTU than 4000.
Have you thought about additional plinth heating? if wall space is not available.

If I can assume you have PVC DG at 2sqm, a wooden uninsulated floor and heated room above. I would expect the heat loss to be more like 5000 BTU than 4000.
Yes to DG and heating above. Concrete floor.

Have you thought about additional plinth heating? if wall space is not available.
Have thought about and rejected. Not really in a position to knock the kitchen about, and the only possible location is where we stand most of the time to cook. I don't want heat directed at me like that.

I've seen plenty of radiators that will fit the space and have sufficient output - the tricky bit is the towel rail.

Any idea of the make of the one you fitted?

No, sorry. But it looked like this one:

1414583295_magnetic-towel-bar-dem-image-for-any-mild-steel-flat-radiator-chrome-extra2.jpg

sounds like the magnetic rail is the best option then, unless you can construct one that can be attached to the wall and bridges the rad.

I have 2 and I'll put pictures up tomorrow.
Both are Stelrad vita ultra with optional brushed aluminium towel bar.
Really smart.
I even have one in the bedroom in Orange (just for you @PrenticeBoyofDerry ) as there is a bath in the bedroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back