Electric underfloor heating insulation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm wanting to run Electric underfloor heating in my kitchen, there are no rads.

The existing floor is concrete. I have 30mm to reach the wooden floor level of the other parts of the house. I was thinking of running 10mm insulation then a 20mm screed, followed by tiles or a wooden floor covering. I'm just worried this will crack with the thin screed. Is there an alternative way? In places the screed might be thinner than 20mm also. But the insulation is pretty dense.

This is what I was looking at, of course I could go thinner on the insulation but it wouldn't work as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item2a16254655

Thanks for any help.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
With so little insulation it'll probably cost a packet to run and the screed will crack in no time. If electric is the only option why not use an electric plinth heater instead? Wickes do them for about £235 through their kitchen dept.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back