electric wet central heating systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am considering the idea of a electric wet central heating system for a granny flat i am planning to build in the garden. Any ideas opinions about them? (best brand?). gas is not an option due to the fact that it will be at the end of my garden and hence too far and too much in terms of regs or so i have been told. thanks

Sponsored Links
You've still got to get a hefty electric supply to it. Why not think about ground source or air source heat pumps.

Sponsored Links
i just checked the cost of the electromax £1500 :eek: is this overkill for a granny flat of approx 30sqm with proably 2 rads and hot water needed for 1 or 2 people hot water needs? also can it be run off solar power with the panel on the roof?
cheers

You could put in a Worcester air air heat pump and get cooling in the summer too. It will be around 3x more economical than Electromax but will not give hot water.

Running an MDPE gas main down the garden is not expensive in pipe terms, digging the hole is the difficult bit. But a decent combi and a few rads is £1000.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back