Electrical Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am adding a room to my Garage. The garage is not connected to the house, but has a professionally installed electric cable running to it. The cable goes into a large metal box with an on/off switch (like a fuse box, but with no fuses). The other end goes to a 30A socket in the fuse box.

From this box in the Garage come two wires - one to a socket and the other to the light.

I wish to add a circuit from the box in the garage with 4 power sockets. I would prefer to run a ring for this. Do you think running a ring from and back to the box in the Garage will be ok?

In summary: Single cable from fuse Box to a junction box in the garage, then a ring from and to the box in the garage.

It sounds ok, but do you think i am missing anything here?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
so long as you use 2.5 twin & earth for the ring, and connect it to the outgoing side of your "box" (same place the socket is now) i do not see any problems

breezer said:
so long as you use 2.5 twin & earth for the ring, and connect it to the outgoing side of your "box" (same place the socket is now) i do not see any problems

Thanks for the thunbs up :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back