Electrics to a shed housing a fridge/freezer & tumble dryer

G

gcltd

Hi, We had an old garage removed and replaced with a large shed. The power comes direct from the consumer unit.

The shed will house a tumble dryer and fridge freezer.

2 double sockets and light.

What cable/armour cable would you recommend and would I need anything like a fuse box or something in the shed?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I for one like to see a small consumer unit in the shed/garage, others will disagree.
There is no one size fits all cable, its a bit more involved, some of the deciding factors are how it will be run, and the length of the run.
Armoured cable is usually the best option.

Hi thank you, well the cable is connected to the consumer unit and its currently rolled up by the rear of the property. It will be run around 23ft to the back of the shed from the consumer unit, I will be putting the cable in a small trench down the boarder of the garden. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, sorry no, the cable currently rolled up is not armoured cable and I'm going to replace it. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back