Electrolux dryer “start” light is blinking but doesn’t turn on

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, my Electrolux dryer, model no. EFME427UIW2, will not start. The machine turns on when I hit the power button but the start button is just blinking. Also, where you normally see the amount of minutes the cycle is on the LED is not appearing.
I unplugged it and tried again in 10 minutes, same result. Also pushed the door switch button in a few times, no luck.
Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
To return to factory settings,
press the dryness and options buttons at the same time and hold until the signal sounds
PROBLEMPOSSIBLE CAUSESSOLUTIONS
Dryer does not start.
  • Electrical power cord is not securely plugged in or plug may be loose.
  • House fuse blown or circuit breaker tripped.
  • Action of pressing start but- ton on “touch screen” style console not recognized
  • Thermal limiter tripped.
  • Delay time inadvertently activated.
  • Door may be open. Unit will not operate with door open.
  • Make sure the plug fits tightly in wall outlet.
  • Reset circuit breaker or replace fuse.
  • Make sure electrical line is not overloaded and the dryer is on a separate circuit.
  • Press start button with bare fin- gertip.
  • Call authorized service person for replacement.
  • Ensure delay time not activated.
  • Ensure door is closed.
Taken from user manual, not sure if it will help or not as if the thermal cut out has gone open circuit it might need replacing. If you cannot reset factory settings the pcb may be faulty.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back