Ikea lagan dishwasher not starting cycle

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Model number: GHE623DB4
Serial number 04012111
Ikea code thing 911 535 250 02

Greetings to all

After 4 years of faithful service, our dishwasher decided to give us our first headache.
It showed us an icon for cleaning cycle needed, i was not sure which button combination are correct.
I've tried buttons 2 and 6, and after this, all buttons flashed for 4 times, and then it was back to it's normal self.

The correct sequence was actually buttons 5 and 6, after which the middle lower symbol in section 3 will start blinking, indicating proper program was selected.

However, after closing, it just reopens itself after 2 minutes.

Tried resetting it, by holding power button for 3 seconds.
All buttons flash 4x, then it appears normal. The manual does have 4 buttons flashing error, but it should be followed by a sound signal, which is not happening.
Once selecting the wash cycle, and closing it, nothing happens, and it reopens in a minute or two.
Sound signals are enabled.

Tried cutting the power for 10 minutes, did not work.
Tried repeating the same button combo, with 2 and 6, but same behavior does not occur, it just does nothing.
Cleaned filters, did not help.
Tried various button combo, different programs, still does not start.
Combination of buttons 2 and 6 does not exist in manual, and in theory should do nothing.

Any ideas welcome.

Sponsored Links
Took the lower bottom plate out, i was able to access the pressure switch.
Turned the dishwasher on, closed the door, and acted on the Styrofoam float to see if it will trigger the pump, which it did.

Thought it might be the pressure switch, so i took it out and tested it with multimeter.
Tried testing it with multimater, no contact (total of 3) were in short circuit.
Tried blowing air and activating the small switch inside via diaphragm. But still nothing changed contact wise.

Compared with this video, the part is bulkier, but concept should be same.

Ordered new part, as the switch seems to be faulty. Part number

140000554083​

Turns out, the way i tested the switch was not propper, as pointed out on another forum, as the switch is of different design.

Replaced the part, that did not fix it.

Was still under the impression that maybe i'm stuck in some sort of diagnostic mode, as the machine was working fine, i was operating the buttons, and then it started behaving. So for maybe the 8th time since it broke down, i started trying various button combinations.

But this time, pressing buttons Auto and ECO would reset it again, and throw the same 4 blinking lights.
So i tried resetting it, using On/Off button + ECO, and that did it.

Another reset after that, it started fine without flashing lights.

Thank you all for prompt replies.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I had the same problem and couldn't find a single person, when searching in German, that had the same issue, but when i switched to english, I finally found your post that helped me. I am so unbelievably grateful that you still postet the last part after it beeing fixed!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back