Electrolux EDB710W - Top oven thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing the top oven thermostat but the replacement part differs from the existing thermostat and there are wires attached to F and G on the old thermostat that I'm unsure where to connect to on the new thermostat. The old thermostat is 47THC9/F8 and the new thermostat is ET52001/F8. The thermostat is manufactured by Diamond H controls but I can never get through to technical people there. Electrolux were extremely unhelpful and wanted me to fill in disclaimer paperwork and send £5 for a wiring diagram of the cooker! I have electrical qualifications and a copy of the cooker wiring diagram but it does not explain if links are required from the switch to the new thermostat. It looks like wires attached to F and G should now go to A and B; can anyone confirm? Or is there a wiring instruction sheet for replacement thermostats?

Any advice on what to try next would be great.

Thanks

Sahara

Sponsored Links
I've gone ahead and fitted the wire attached to F and the two wires attached to G on to A and B of the new thermostat and everything works fine. No one from Electrolux, Diamond H (Thermostat manufacturers) or the thermostat distributers was prepared to issue an instruction sheet that told me that, I will NEVER purchase an Electrolux product again because their technical advice is appalling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back