Electrolux EOB944 - oven trips circuit breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

After being switched on for a few minutes the oven trips the circuit breaker in the house fuse box. I've disconnected various components inside the ovento try and see if I can stop it from tripping the RCD. Disconnecting the elements didn't have any effect but when the oven fan motor was disconnected the oven stayed on.

Before I order a new one, is it a safe assumption that the motor is the problem, or could disconnecting it also disable some other component on, say, the main PCB that could be the faulty bit?

Thanks,
Ewan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would be surprised if it where the fan motor its more lightly to be the fan element which is losing its insulation when hot after a few minutes have you tried disconnecting just the fan element and running it

Cheers Taylortwocities - fair point ;)

I would be surprised if it where the fan motor its more lightly to be the fan element which is losing its insulation when hot after a few minutes have you tried disconnecting just the fan element and running it
Yep, tried that. As I said, disconnecting the fan was the only thing that stopped it tripping.

that model has a two ring element which is prone to doing what you said but if say it works only with the fan disconected then i can only agree the fan motor is at fault but i really do find that extremely strange

Thanks. I had initially thought that it might be the safety cutout stat. It looked a bit grim when I opened up the oven but I think that it was just 10 years of being sprayed with hot, greasy fumes from the top vent fan :rolleyes:

Out of interest, is it OK to briefly short out / bypass the safety stat for testing purposes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back