Electrolux fridge not working, freezer OK, 6 years old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, thank you for any help with this. I have an Electrolux built in fridge freezer, ENN28600. The fridge is not working, the freezer is. The fan is working. The bottom panel of the fridge is a little cold, the other panels are at or near room temperature. There is no frost in the freezer and no condensation in the fridge. Thank you for your help. Bob.

Sponsored Links
if it is a frost-free freezer, it is likely that the air ducts at the back have been choked with ice. You won't be able to see it. Switch off the electricity and unplug it, take out all the food and wrap it thoroughly, open the freezer door and leave it open for 24 hours or until water stops dripping inside, or into the collecting dish at the back, whichever is the longer.

You might like to edit your post or thread title so they correspond.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I did the above but it hasn't solved the challenge.

After being left unplugged for 24 hours and open, the fridge and freezer were both very dry with only a few drips of water in the bottom of the freezer.

Any pointers on where to look next would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Sponsored Links
are you able to see if water has been draining into the dish at the back?

Unless the thermostat in the fridge is wrongly set or not working, I don't know any more DIY fixes.

It's actually working -- just took a while to get cool.

Thank you so much for your help, what a great guy.

Thr real question is how long will this fix last?

Is it a design fault or due to the location of installation? In a cold room or corner?

Then again, if you've had it 6 yrs problem free and it lasts another 6 before it needs defrosting again you'll be happy!

sometimes overwhelming ice can happen if the door has been left open, but if the defrosting heaters or their control circuit has failed, it will happen again, and might not be an economic repair. See how long you can go before it needs another manual defrost.

Hi there, thanks again for your help so far.

The fridge isn't working again and its been about a month.

Do you think its time for a new fridge, or is there a part I should try?

Thanks again for your help.

it may be that the defrost heaters or their control circuit have failed.

I have no idea what to do about it.

If you are able to gain access to the heater/(s) you can test with a meter, if its ok that then leaves control board, not sure if theres likely to be a relay, never seen a board to know but can identify it from a photo and advise on how to test it.

P.s. I would think if the thermostat was faulty it would have happened alot sooner than this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back