Electrolux fridge warm and freezer very cold.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have built in Electrolux enn28600 fridge/freezer. We have noticed that the fridge has suddenly turned warm (+10) and the freezer is over -30. Just wondered if this was a common problem and if there is anything we can do or if it's a case of calling the professionals?

Many thanks

brittas.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have the same problem with my built in Electrolux fridge/freezer (5 yrs old). The temp in the fridge ranges from +2 to +12 and freezer down to -27. Did you manage to find the fault? I have had a fridge engineer look at it but cannot find the problem. :confused:

No. Afraid not. We were told the repair could be expensive and most independents we found said they wouldn't repair that brand.
Good luck with it!

Sponsored Links
Interesting I was looking at the circuit diagram for my Samsung and note there are solenoids to divert the liquid to either the fridge or freezer evaporators so although one motor the fridge and freezer are independently controlled for temperature.

It would seem the A+ rating now required means more control is required it also means freezer is always smaller than fridge in combined units it to me is all a con to get better energy ratings.

I also had a problem with a freezer getting too cold. Phoned around and quoted £45 to come and have a look repair cost on top of that. For a £100 freezer that was just silly.

As I started to look for new I found the "standard annual energy consumption" was the real problem. If a manufacturer is able to class it as frost free this rises even for the fridge, design it for higher temperature range and it goes up even when for sale in UK when not required, built in and it goes up and combine fridge and freezer and it goes up. For chest freezers it goes down.

The A+ or A++ is all based on the standard annual energy consumption figures so as a result fridges and freezers are not just made for the consumer but also made to get around the A+ rating required.

This has resulted is all sorts of features like special compartments for certain foods just to get it into a better category not because they think the user wants them.

This also means they are more complex so once they go wrong it's a new one rather than repair the old.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back