Email attachment containing a trojan/virus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently received an email from a company shown as SLP Ltd containing a zip attachment said to be a revised contract the wording:
"We have prepared a contract and added the paragraphs that you wanted to see in it.
Our lawyers made alterations on the last page. If you agree with all the provisions we are ready to make the payment on Friday for the first consignment.
We are enclosing the file with the prepared contract".

As I do receive contracts and tender notices I went ahead without looking at sender and opened the zip file (I know what a stupid thing to do :oops: ). The zip file contained a Word document and opening that immediately the screen wallpaper changed to blue background. At this point the penny dropped and AVG picked up the culprit.

After removing the offending file I found that it had altered my options to change wallpaper and screensaver by removing those tabs from the options. Had to edit the registry to get them back.

I know that a lot of you guys use your systems for contracts invoices etc so I hope this may act as a warning to "be careful out there".

Sponsored Links
there is another one claiming to be from UPS or now Fed eX, something about an invoice for a parcel sent on August 1st
they also say from your Fed ex or Your UPS

I am sure both companies dont say from your....... and if yoiu never sent a parcel, why would you be getting an invoice / information.

in short if its unknown delete it.

other thing click reply, see the reply address, fedex are not a random collection of letters@ somemthing that isnt fedex

Breezer, I get that 1 & a lot that are similar, I look at the address its from, but others at work, have to start to open it although they know they havnt sent anything. You cant tell em :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back