En Suite Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I've not posted here before so I'll apologise if this has been covered elsewhere. As the title says, I'm installing an ensuite bathroom in the master bedroom of my house. This is going to be in a corner of the room. It's quite a large room so there is enough space for a quadrant shower, basin & WC. I'm planning to use these panels...

http://bathroommarquee.co.uk/spabord.php

for the shower. I think they'll look good and shouldn't be too difficult to install. But the problem is that the walls are nowhere near true. I'll need a square/ true corner for the shower enclosure, so the panels should make this possible. But I think I'll need to put some type of filler in the spaces behind the panels. What's the best way to go about this?

Sponsored Links
Depending on how out of plumb your walls are, the best way to go is likely to be to use British Gypsum Gypliner wall channels.
It's an adjustable system whereby you fix a bracket to the wall and a pressed galv metal channel to the brackets to keep the wall lining vertical.
It's standard practice for drylining where timber battens can't be used because of the problem you have.
You can buy it through CCF and probably Travis Perkins [parent company of CCF]
Alternatively you could just pack battens off the wall?

Gypliner:

http://www.british-gypsum.bpb.co.uk/systems/system_selector/gyplyner__universal_lining.aspx

Thanks for the reply. I think the GypLyner bracket/channel system could take up more space than I'd ideally want to lose (we're already on a 355mm wide toilet), And probably add a bit to the cost. Using battens is probably the easiest way, or plaster dabs if they'll stick to the panneling

If you're only trying to lose a few mm then dabs should be ok, get a very long spirit level [or use a good length of sturdy timber -3x1, 4x2] for tapping the boards on to spead the dabs, will help you plumb the board without warping it.

Sponsored Links
Oh, and material cost for GypLyner roughly £9/m2 inc boards @ £1.20/m2 & waste. Does create quite a void but helpful if you need to 1st fix M&E

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back