En suite in Loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a partial build loft conversion done ie all structural work which is now complete apart from the ensuite, i am putting a sink - toilet and shower cubicle (mixer from combi) in the ensuite, i have got one hot supply from the boiler and one cold pipe from the mains both feeds from the family bathroom directly below.
Do i need check valves on all the individual supplies to the sink - toilet - shower and if so do they need to be accessible as all the pipe work is in the floor voids / stud walls.
Any advice appreciated - thanks :confused:

Sponsored Links
Water Regs require a NRV on the feed to the toilet.

I would say that you should have one on the feeds to the shower but some argue that you dont!

If the basin has the taps 20 mm above the overflow level you dont need them on the basin but you do need isolating valves! I would also say you need them on the shower as well but few people fit them!

As far as boxing in pipes is concerned, my view is thats neither advisable nor in accordance with the water regulations.

If you saw the damage that has to be done to correct any simple leak or problem then you would never do it !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back