Enclosure to extend cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please forgive my poor description but I am looking for the following

I am changing a CU but the cables may be a little short.

What I would like is an enclosure to bring the old cables into, terminate them and from there connect new cables to go to off to the new CU.

I do not really want to use connector blocks or crimps

Any ideas

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have a play about on google see what you can find. Have a look on ABB's website as well as in RS. Your probably going to be best off getting an enclosure that you can mount Din rail in and then you can put appropriatte terminals onto the Din rail.

I sometimes get enclosures from a company called Eldon but ive only ever had metal ones from them, they probably do insulated though presuming thats what you'l be after in a domestic environment.

Regards

These DIN rail mounted blocks may be the things I think I may be after.

I have asked in two wholesalers and they just try to sell me another cu

Don't suppose you have any links

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Look on the Rs components website under enclosures and terminals. All the stuff is there for you to be able you to make up a suitable enclosure.

Just remember stuff like terminal capacitys and ratings when selecting terminals. My wholesaler do some pre manufactured ABB enclosures containing DIN rail terminals.

You certainly dont need another CU to make the joints.

Oh, and remember to label the terminals up in the enclosure so the next guy knows what is what.

Regards

Im afraid I have not got the skills to do that.

When I said I did not want to use connector blocks, I was not wanting to have them loose in an enclosure. I wanted something fixed to connect to

I have had a look around on google but the options are confussing.

Thanks for the replies

perhaps I could screw connector blocks on to din rails

Just trying to understand what you want to achieve.??

An enclosure with DIN rail and a bunch of connectors is going to nearly be as big as a consumer unit. You could not hide it under the floor as there are screw connections.

What happened to your stated requirement
I do not really want to use connector blocks
????

Cables to new consumer unit 'may' be to short.
I want to achieve making them longer

I want to find a nice solution to the problem. Since screwed connections have to be accessible I wanted to put them in an enclosure.

keep the connections separate to the new CU.

keep it nice and neat,

don't want to hide anything under the floor!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back