Engine electronics lamp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a mkv 1.4 Astra when the ignition is switched on and prior to starting should the electronics lamp (car with spanner)go off please anyone with simular car!! Mine stays on until engine is started have not noticed this before?

Sponsored Links
Could just be its part of the test routine as it starts, I noticed a similar lamp lighting on a car of mine then got worried about it - turned out it just lights up during the startup.

My Vectra is just the same in that the light does not go out until the engine is actually started. Not same car but same manufacturer. Hope that helps.

Same with both of mine, Hyundai and Zafira.

Sponsored Links
It's a lamp test. ALL the lamps should come on, that's how you know the lamp works, so when there is a fault the car can tell you about it.

Nozzle

Hi I posted this topic because recently it came on while the engine was running just after start up and then went off, I had a diognostics check that showed a camshaft sensor fault, having replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensors (as they work in tandom to control the fuel injection) I was unsure if the light normally came on with the ignition it’s was something I hadn’t noticed before, thanks to all for your input I just need to get it checked again to be safe

Back