1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Engine electronics lamp

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by rasputine, 13 Jan 2018.

1. rasputine

rasputine

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi I have a mkv 1.4 Astra when the ignition is switched on and prior to starting should the electronics lamp (car with spanner)go off please anyone with simular car!! Mine stays on until engine is started have not noticed this before?

2. mattylad

mattylad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Could just be its part of the test routine as it starts, I noticed a similar lamp lighting on a car of mine then got worried about it - turned out it just lights up during the startup.

3. honda

honda

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My Vectra is just the same in that the light does not go out until the engine is actually started. Not same car but same manufacturer. Hope that helps.

4. pete50

pete50

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Same with both of mine, Hyundai and Zafira.

5. Nozzle

Nozzle

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It's a lamp test. ALL the lamps should come on, that's how you know the lamp works, so when there is a fault the car can tell you about it.

Nozzle

6. rasputine

rasputine

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi I posted this topic because recently it came on while the engine was running just after start up and then went off, I had a diognostics check that showed a camshaft sensor fault, having replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensors (as they work in tandom to control the fuel injection) I was unsure if the light normally came on with the ignition it’s was something I hadn’t noticed before, thanks to all for your input I just need to get it checked again to be safe