Engine Management Light has appeared on Dashboard.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys
I have a VW Polo, 2002, 1.4, 16v, 55,000 miles on clock.
Recently the engine managment light has come on.The car judders and shakes a lot even when not in gear and i have lost what seems to be quite a lot of power when on dual carraige ways and motorways and it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack trying to find that biting point .The juddering seems to be in a pattern du,du,du,duuhhh,du,du,du,duuhh,du,du,du,duuhh,du,du,du,duuhh.
Im hoping it is somthing to do with the electrical side of things because the light has come on, on the dashboard, because this would be a lot cheaper than forking out for a new head gasket.Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with it before i take it to a mechanic and get ripped off.

Cheers Guys

TheBigBadPad

Sponsored Links
If the engine is shuddering, maybe its misfiring due to a coil pack problem....any garage with diagnostic gear can access the fault code thats been stored, and get you on the right track.
John :)

as above, or possibly crankshaft / camshaft position sensors breaking down. Add to the list, coolant temperature sensor, this would lead to over fueling the engine, and result in rough running.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking the same thing, just going off the symptoms.Good to hear it from somone else. Could imagine the mechanic now ."ohh its gunna cost ya this lad leave it with me for a few of days "

TheBigBadPad

Back