ENGINE MANAGEMENT ON 1998 CORSA 1.2 BREEZE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there,

I have had a corsa for about 7 months now, everything was fine untill my engine management light stated flashing on, but then would go away and come on every now and then.

Took it to the garage and they apparently fixed it (fitted a new pisten or something) yeah ran ok for about two days then the light came on and stayed on, and it actually broke down and wouldnt start.

Took it to a different garage this time and had a new air flow metre, and cam shaft sensor fitted, and it was driving ok.

The light was still coming on, I thought it may be because I had a small hole in my exhaust, so I had a new one replaced at the garage.

I thought I had actually sorted it now, but suprise suprise a couple of weeks later the light occasionally is coming up briefly and then turning off.
The manual says to diregard the light if it only comes on briefly but.......

Something is clearly wrong as when it comes on the engine seems to
loose power. It happens the most when Im doing 45mph and over, or when Im going up steep hills.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT THIS COULD BE????
COULD IT BE THE ENGINE MANAGMENT CHIP???

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.

From frustrated girl with a nauty corsa x

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming your car is a 1.2 16v Breeze?

Common problems are: 1. Air Flow Meter , which you have had replaced
2. Temp Sensor, 3. EGR Valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation), 4. Idle Air Control Valve.

I would suspect the latter as every Corsa 1.0 & 1.2 16v I have ever seen have needed one of these at one stage or another, including my wifes. Symptoms are erratic idle speed or loosing power and management light coming on.

Vauxhall part no is 90531999, so check your invoices to see if that has already been fitted, if you had the work done at a vauxhall dealer.

If not, non franchised garages use "code readers" which identify most common fault codes but not as accurate as Vauxhalls Tech 2.

Doubtful that it is the ECU

Hope this helps

CJ

ex- Vauxhall tech

hi there, i have a 1.2 16v vauxhall corsa breeze and ever since i purchased the car over 6 months ago i've had an intermittent problem when acclerating. Sometimes when i accelerate to overtake or just get the revs up the car seems to lurch, stumble, hesitate. as if there is no fuel getting to the injection unit causing it to misfire.
I have replaced the idle control valve, speed potentionmeter, head gasket and ive just purchased a maf and new throttle body housing.
the annoying bit is everytime i take it for a diagnostics it reads no fault codes. however, i do not have a Engine Management Light bulb in the dash, as the person before me had it removed or cut the wires. would this effect the diagnostics readings? its just so frustrating, my fuel consumption is through the roof and sometimes the car judders and stumbles at high speed, around 70mph. It kinda misfires then picks back up, then misfires again and then picks up again.

Any help would be fantastic. because its beginning to give me sleepless nights :(

HELP Please!!!!

Sponsored Links
i dont think the dash lamp would affect the reading but its a botch that should be rectified.
I would guess at a faulty lambda sensor on this one but hard to say, a good diagnostic scan should be able to look at live data readings to pin point the problem

the only problem is, is that the problem is only intermittent, doesnt happen all the time, however it does like to play up after i put fuel in. if i had a defective lambda sensor? surely my car wouldnt of passed the mot? as this problem existed before the mot. cheers

hey there

i have a corsa 97\98 breeze 1.4 jist recently my engine management light has bn comin on and off then my speedometer stopped working its staying on 0mph all the tym wen im driving do u think this could be the problem with the engine management light

Back