engine revs and changin gear

10krpm in an astra... surely not...

Astra GTE mk2 the 16v one, modified slightly :D fully lightened and balanced etc rally/fast road heads etc, did have roller print out of 197 but in todays world that is only a warm hatch lol

197 in an MK2 GTE will nail most newer cars, a MK2 astra will weigh **** all next to modern cars. MK2 was ugly compared to the MK1 though :p

I have an E30 BMW with approx 220-230hp stripped out and it lays waste to most modern stuff.

P.S. *******s to fuel consumption and diesels. :D

Sponsored Links
well i've told her i'm only going to pay for half the fuel she WOULD have burned if she drove properly..
her arguement is that the driving instructor told her to listen to the engine for changing gear. I said your tone deaf. which didn't go down well.
I got the reply, he's a qualified instructor.
Took me ages to get her out of the "cluch control" **** he taught her..
and to use the f'ing handbrake FFS that's what it's there for! or are the car manufacturers not qualified instructors i said ...hehe

just need to find the part of the stearing that attracts pot holes/kerbs/sunken manholes and tear it out. lol

the throttle isn't heavy, just annoying watching the rev counter climb..
i told her to look at the rev counter but her reply is " you should always be looking out the windscreen..ffs.

She might have a point, to be honest. Assuming, of course, that she's not bouncing it of the rev limiter each gearchange?! It's certainly true that she'll use a bit more fuel (won't be anything like double - 10-20% maybe), but running at higher revs than you would choose for best fuel consumption gives you better control of the car, both for acceleration and engine braking (should either prove necessary in an emergency). A mate of mine went on one of those advanced driving courses that you get when you buy a high performance car and the instructor told him you couldn't get optimum safety and optimum fuel efficiency at the same time, it always had to be a compromise. You could always buy her a new car with a Gear Shift Indicator! Many new cars have them now and all will have to be fitted with them by the start of 2015, it's a European requirement. The car will tell you when to change up - usually a little arrow on the dashboard. Be warned though, they're programmed for maximum fuel efficiency - mine will tell me to go for 6th gear at 40 sometimes!

Sponsored Links
Back