Engine trouble daignostic code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
Could you let me know something about this i have an engine trouble light comes up i thought to get the OBD2 diagnostic cable to get the code out for it. So i just want to find out when i get the code. Where can i get the explanation for that code please?

:(

Sponsored Links
ive got one of these diagnostics machines. when i get the code ive to look at the book that came with it, to tell me what the code is.

not sure if that is the answer your looking for though

What car is it? You may be able to access the code without a code reader.

Other then that call the AA/RAC out as they have code readers and will do it for free!

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thank you for your reply, no it not misfiring when i start the car it cut out. I change the oil , oil filter air filter plugs but the problem is still there. mysteriously some time do not cut out for 1 or 2 weeks and then start cutting out again. The only thing to prevent this from cutting out to take the engine oil cap off. to let some air in for a 5 to 10 minute then it run again for days. And some time it keep cutting off. Someone told me to disconnect the battery for some time see if that turn off the engine trouble light. And i did disconnect the battery yesterday for a 1 hour then i reconnect it the engine light is turn off the air bag warning light is comes on. I disconnect the battery again for few hours, then reconnect it , but the air bag light is still on. I drive the car the engine light did not come of again.
I mean when the engine oil cap is off the engine is run fine no cutting at all
Thank you for you help

Look for a blockage in the engine breathing system, erg valve would be a favourite,

Wotan

Look for a blockage in the engine breathing system, erg valve would be a favourite,

Wotan

I agree with that one...check all of the rubber breather pipes that access the inlet manifold / air filter / fuel injection areas for splits or blockages. Obviously the engine is pressurising from within, which is affecting one of the air sensors. Then visit a suitable garage with diagnostic equipment, they will turn off the airbag light and read any trouble codes held in the cars computer. They can then set the car to whats known as a 'base' setting where the car will 'learn and retain' your driving style. They will also inform you of a possible cause to your problem.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back