Engineered hardwood windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice please. My wife wants me to replace a poor quality UPVC georgian window in the extension attached to the house. The other windows are hardwood and I liked the look of the timberwindows.com range so I got them to quote for one in their engineered hardwood range. It's a georgian casement, 2.5m x 1.5m with 4 opening windows.

They came back with a price of just over £4K inc vat & fitting!

I know that hardwood engineered windows are expensive but is that price realistic or is it a rip-off? I mean, is the 'registered installer' whacking a hefty margin on top of the timberwindows price? Anyone know how it works please?

If £4K is a realistic prices then OK thats the cost, but I'm in the dark and I don;t want to be ripped off. Any advice very gratefully received.

Ta!

btw I've had some UPVC experience of Everest at a previous house and over a 3 week period they dropped their price 5 times, from £12K to £3.5K.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

If you are looking for a comparable product, you can email me at [email protected] (I dont want to publish any info here as it will be classified as advertsing).

Regards,

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back