Engineered tongue + groove in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a few questions regarding laying some engineered flooring in my kitchen.

The construction of the floor is mostly 20mm T + G floorboards, these are pretty flat as ive laid a 2m level across the floor and then tried to push a 2p coin (1.85mm in thickness according to wikipedia) into any of the gaps without managing it. Anyway there is also a small area of concrete approx. 750mm x 300mm so my plan is to put down some thin ply to make it into one material that I am floating over.

1. With regards to the concrete should I have some sort of damp proof material between it and the ply and how best can I fix the ply to the concrete? 6mm ply ok? The concrete is not new if this makes a difference.

2. The wood I am looking at is not the click system but tongue and groove;
http://www.flooringsupplies.co.uk/r.../5305/natura_new_oak_roma_european_collection
With this system I presume I will have to glue together but what I want to know really is do you have to use some sort of clamp to keep the boards together until the glue has dried or is it a case of just knock it together and let the glue dry while you continue onto the next length? Evo-stik green or blue up to the job?

3. Anyone have any opinions on firstly the company who makes the wood, Natura, and also the retailer flooringsupplies.co.uk? So far they seem to be one of the few companies who can deliver this far north (Aberdeen) without charging silly money.

4. Is it best to get a hold of a powered mitre saw to get those dead straight cuts where boards join?

That is all the questions I can think of at the moment! May think of more in the next day or two. Thanks in advance.

Rich

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back